Sunday, March 20, 2011

Topalov and the Anti-Moscow Gambit

                   
Position in the Anti-Moscow Gambit after 1.d4 d5 2.c4 c6 3.Nc3 Nf6 4.Nf3
4...e6 5.Bg5 h6 6.Bh4 dxc4 7.e4 g5 8.Bg3 b5 9.Be2 Bb7 (Game collection)
 























Veselin Topalov about the Anti-Moscow Gambit:
  

What is important in this variation is that, simply with any new move,
if you don't know the exact response - then you are not worse, you
are simply lost.

         
        
Topalov - Gelfand, 20th Amber (Rapid) 2011:               


      
            
The game at Chessgames.com 
Videos Amber Chess at blip.tv
         
          

Blog Archive

About me

I played my first chess game in December 1977 and was lucky to hold draw. I continued to play chess and joined a chess club in September 1978. I'm still enjoying playing chess. I like to do many other things than playing chess. Long walks, some jogging, cycling, reading books, listen to music, watch movies, writing and much more. Life is fun!