Tuesday, January 29, 2013
Sunday, January 27, 2013
Saturday, January 26, 2013
Tuesday, January 22, 2013
Monday, January 21, 2013
Sunday, January 20, 2013
You don't have to be an opening expert to score a win. You don't even have to outplay your opponent in the middlegame.
You can wait to the endgame to outplay your opponent. This is the phase where even Super Grandmasters from time to time plays very weak.
Magnus Carlsen scores a lot of wins in the endgame from positions that should have been impossible to win if the opponent's had more knowledge about endgame patterns.
Let's take a look at the game Magnus Carlsen - Sergey Karjakin, Wijk aan Zee 2013, Round 8.
The game with analysis by chess engine Houdini at the Wijk aan Zee tournament site, tatasteelchess.com (page Live games Round 8). A link to the game also at Chessgames.com
Saturday, January 19, 2013
Friday, January 18, 2013
Tuesday, January 15, 2013
Monday, January 14, 2013
Sunday, January 13, 2013
Saturday, January 12, 2013
Thursday, January 10, 2013
Wednesday, January 9, 2013
Tuesday, January 8, 2013
Monday, January 7, 2013
Sunday, January 6, 2013
Saturday, January 5, 2013
Thursday, January 3, 2013
Wednesday, January 2, 2013
- ► 2016 (35)
- ► 2015 (65)
- ► 2014 (92)
- Chess Puzzle T-shirts
- Chess Combinations
- When white is not fighting for the advantage
- Kiril Georgiev - Yu Yangyi, Gibraltar 2013
- Sergey Karjakin - Loek van Wely, Wijk aan Zee 2013...
- Wang Hao - Viswanathan Anand, Wijk aan Zee 2013
- Magnus Carlsen - Hikaru Nakamura, Wijk aan Zee 201...
- Hou Yifan - Magnus Carlsen, Wijk aan Zee 2013
- Wang Hao - Fabiano Caruana, Wijk aan Zee 2013
- Another lesson (pattern) learned
- Grandmasters needs also to work more on their endg...
- Sergei Movsesian - Robin van Kampen, Wijk aan Zee ...
- GM Grandelius takes a King walk
- Wrong prophylactic thinking
- Levon Aronian - Viswanathan Anand, Wijk aan Zee 20...
- István Csom - Artur Yusupov, Chess Olympiad 1982, ...
- Román Torán Albero - Mikhail Tal, Oberhausen 1961
- Garry Kasparov - Maia Chiburdanidze, Baku 1980
- Michael F. Stean - Rubens A. Filguth, São Paulo 19...
- Jonathan Penrose - Mikhail Tal, Chess Olympiad 196...
- Sergey Karjakin - Hou Yifan, Wijk aan Zee 2013
- Lajos Portisch - Ivan Radulov, Moscow 1977
- Mikhail Tal - Boris Spassky, Tilburg 1980
- Mikhail Botvinnik - Luděk Pachman, Oberhausen 1961...
- Pawns should help and not hinder the pieces
- Ulf Andersson - Yehuda Grünfeld, Chess Olympiad 19...
- Anatoly Karpov - Garry Kasparov, World Championshi...
- Bent Larsen - Eugenio Torre, Brussels 1987
- Anthony Saidy - Bobby Fischer, New York 1965
- Gawain Jones - Keith Arkell, Hastings 2013
- The Polar Bear System is Still Kicking
- ▼ January (31)
- Torbjörn Björklund
- I played my first chess game in December 1977 and was lucky to hold draw. I continued to play chess and joined a chess club in September 1978. I'm still enjoying playing chess. I like to do many other things than playing chess. Long walks, some jogging, cycling, reading books, listen to music, watch movies, writing and much more. Life is fun!