Friday, October 1, 2010

When Opportunity Knocks II

                                                                                                         
The position below is from the game Mikheil Mchedlishvili - Evgeniy Podolchenko,
round 8 of the Chess Olympiad 2010 in Khanty-Mansiysk, Russia. 

Black has just played Qc3-e5?? A better move would have been to play Qf6.

White has now the chance to play a very strong move.
                          
                       























Solution

    
     

Blog Archive

About me

I played my first chess game in December 1977 and was lucky to hold draw. I continued to play chess and joined a chess club in September 1978. I'm still enjoying playing chess. I like to do many other things than playing chess. Long walks, some jogging, cycling, reading books, listen to music, watch movies, writing and much more. Life is fun!