Sunday, August 15, 2010

Bobby Fischer's Training Secret

He told me a secret of his training method he called "Peaking". At 5pm every day he would do strenuous activity, sport, walk or exercise.  

He explained that he trained his body to peak at this hour so that when the tournament came, he would be primed for a game at this time. No wonder he always insisted on 5pm starting time for tournaments.  

– Casto Abundo

           
  

Blog Archive

About me

I played my first chess game in December 1977 and was lucky to hold draw. I continued to play chess and joined a chess club in September 1978. I'm still enjoying playing chess. I like to do many other things than playing chess. Long walks, some jogging, cycling, reading books, listen to music, watch movies, writing and much more. Life is fun!