Friday, May 28, 2010

The Art of Learning

          
Book: The Art of Learning: An Inner Journey to Optimal Performance
        




I have read this very interesting book, written by a World Champion: Josh Waitzkin. He is also International Master in chess.
Many years ago I saw the movie about him: Searching for Bobby Fischer.  This movie probably stopped him from becoming Grandmaster. He couldn't handle to be famous and had big problems to concentrate when playing tournaments. So parents should think twice before writing books about their brilliant kids... Maybe wait some extra years before publish them...or not write them at all... 

The book gives important insights to use for chess and probably everything else in life.
And Mark Dvoretsky might not be the coach for everyone...
I learned more about dirty tricks in chess and another sport Josh Waitzkin became World Champion in.
Good to know if I will play against dirty.





          

       
            
      

Blog Archive

About me

I played my first chess game in December 1977 and was lucky to hold draw. I continued to play chess and joined a chess club in September 1978. I'm still enjoying playing chess. I like to do many other things than playing chess. Long walks, some jogging, cycling, reading books, listen to music, watch movies, writing and much more. Life is fun!